Crispy Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Updated: 6 days ago
For those days when you feel like having a bucket of KFC crispy strips or hot wings, but you don´t want to deal with the guilt afterwards, this #homemadeMonday we bring you a delicious recipe for crispy chicken with garlic sauce. It takes close to as long as a drive to your local KFC but I dare say is even more delicious and healthy! Perfect for a hungover weekend spent in your pjs or a friends movie night.
1 kg chicken breast cut in big cubes/ 1 kg of chicken wings
180 g corn flakes
80 g flour
500 ml sunflower oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
For the sauce:
250 mg Greek yogurt
6 garlic cloves
1 branch basil
1/2 a medium sized cucumber (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into even strips. *I don´t like doing them the ordinary way and cut them in a more chaotic fashion as my grandfather taught me, so feel free to get creative! Now set them aside and start preparing the chicken.
2. Put the corn flakes into a bowl and crush them into a fine-ish powder. Add the flower to another bowl and finally beat the two eggs into yet another bowl. Now take each chicken piece, season it with salt and pepper and then run it first through the flour, then the eggs and finally the corn flakes before setting them aside.
3. Heat the oil into a deep pan and add the chicken pieces into it, letting them fry for about 5 minutes or until tender.
4. While the chicken is frying, start preparing the sauce. Crush the garlic cloves into the Greek yogurt and mix. Cut the cucumber into small cubes and add them to the mixture. Next cut the basil into small pieces and add it. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Voilá - you have your sauce.
5. Take a large bowl and put some kitchen paper on its bottom to dry the oil from the chicken and fries. Once the chicken is done, add it to the bowl to dry whilst keeping it covered to stay warm.
6. Add the potatoes to the same hot oil and let fry for about 5-7 minutes. Once done, add them to the bowl too to dry for about 3 minutes.
7. Serve the potatoes and the chicken along with the sauce. The sauce is ideal not just for dipping the chicken into, but also the fries.