The Mouthwatering Guacamole
Avocados are perhaps the most notorious fruit of the last decade. They have plenty of proven health benefits, they go on bread, they go with nachos and they´re pretty much every brunch´s must have ingredient. Thing is, due to the crazy quantities we´re growing, they´re also pretty hazardous for the environment, generating a lot of greenhouse gases and deforestation. So while this recipe is undoubtedly mouthwatering and delicious, please consider consuming avocados with care and limitation. Now, without further ado, here´s the guacamole recipe I learned straight from the source, aka Sam, my dearest Argentinian friend who helped cultivate a love for cooking in me.
(serves three to four)
a mid sized tomato
a mid sized onion
two garlic cloves
a tsp of salt
a tsp of pepper
a tbsp of olive oil
1. Chop the onion, the garlic and the tomato into small cubes.
2. Peel the avocado and cut it in bite sized cubes. Smash them with a fork until you obtain a paste.
3. Add the onion, garlic and tomato to the avocado paste and season with olive oil until you obtain the consistency you like. Personal note: I don´t like it too liquid so I don´t add that much olive oil to it.
4. Season with salt, pepper and the juice of the lime, while constantly tasting.
5. Serve with nachos or as a spread on toast.